So I know this blog is supposed to be about all the fun and happy moments with the kids but I had to write about this.
Yesterday at the park three boys cornered Emelia in a play structure and were in her face being mean to her. (boys were probably about ages 5 to 7 years old) I had just turned my back for a second to grab Jude's hat from my diaper bag that was a few feet away. I saw what was happening and went over and told the boys to be nice! I grabed Emelia out through the window of the house, we moved to another area of the park where there was a water feature flowing into the sand. One of the boys started kicking the watery sand at her. I told him again that he needed to stop and that she is just a little girl. The mother finally got off her cell phone and came over, and told me she would handel it. She told the boy to say Sorry. He said it. Then the other boy started kicking the sand at her. At that time I had it and told him he needed to play nice. I took Emelia's hand and we went to the opposit side of the playground. At that time the other mom saw and made the boy say sorry as we were walking away. I was soooo traumatized by the way these kids were treating her and can't get the image of the boys in her face out of my head. Emelia was curled up in the corner with all three boys surrounding her. I know she probably doesn't remember but for some reason I can't forget. Maybe it was because this is the first time I have seen her been bullied or the fact that it was three Boys in her face.
So I am telling my sitter what happend and then she tells me about this story that happend at the local 24 hour fitness gym. You have to read this story and if you have time sign the petition! I am in total shock over what happend here.
http://www.laderaportal.com/CMS/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=776&Itemid=107
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/24-hour-fitness-kids-gym-tunnels-remove-them.html
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment