Monday, November 24, 2008

The Holiday Season is upon us!


A trip to see Santa is all we needed to kick off the Holiday's.

Well Emelia is now at that age where she understands the concepts of commercials. We were watching a show one day and the Toys R Us commercial came on. Her eyes lit up and she yelled out "Wonder Pets Fly Boat" So I explained to her that she has to ask Santa for it. So for the past two weeks we have been talking about when we see him you have to tell him what you want for Christmas.

So last night we got in the car and drove to the mall to see Santa. On our way, I couldn't believe how many Christmas lights had popped up over night. Christmas Plam trees lined the streets the whole way there. Emeia was in aww of all the lights. I just love how much she understands this year. Jarrod was trying to teach Emelia to say Christmas instead of HO HO . At one point she said "Christmas" so Jarrod says "say Christmas again" and in Emelia's sweet little voice she says "Christmas again" We both started laughing.

When we got to the mall and made our way to Santa. Emelia became really quite. We walked up to the front and walked over to him. Daddy Sat Jude down on Santa's lap and he was cool just like "The Dude" always is. Emelia just stood there staring him. SO I told her tell Santa what you want. She still just stood there and stared at him. So then I told Santa what she wanted. Then we put her on Santa's knee and she just kinda hugged him. Both Kids did excellent! Not a sound. I do wish we got a smile from them but it was passed Judes bed time and Emelia was in awww. Here is the picture. It is a bit blurry because I took the picture with my Camera phone but I will scan it in later.

No comments: