Saturday, September 6, 2008

5 Years ago today......


On September 6th 2003 I was in Savannah, Georgia marrying the love of my life. We were all set to get married on Tybee Island, next to the beautiful ocean in front of the lighthouse, but a storm decided to crash the wedding that I had been planning for a year. All the preparations for a beach wedding gone to waste. Tables, chairs, flower petals, water bottles, an arch, butterflies to be released, and 2 trolley buses to take our guests to and from the reception site to the beach. Then to throw more chaos into the mix we had no DJ. The DJ I booked and paid in FULL (I will never make a mistake like that again) decided to not return any of my calls and never showed up. So two hours before the wedding we scrambled around and found a really good local DJ. He even D.J.'s on a local radio station there in Savannah (so he was somewhat famous ;)). But hey....Things don't always go as planned. Nothing bothered me at that point, my main objective was to get married to this wonderful man that I had been in love with since the moment I saw him. It really didn't matter where.....right?

So our wonderful friends and family all gathered upstairs Garibaldi's Restaurant. Vicki a dear friend of Jarrod's parents and our wedding coordinator transformed the reception site So we were able to have the ceremony there. They did such a beautiful job.

At about 7:00 p.m. I waited patiently at the bottom of the stairs, not nervous at all and grinning from ear to ear. We heard Cannon D being played by the musicians. I took my dad's arm and he took his little girls arm and made it up the stairs. It was probably the only day in my life that I felt truly like a princess. It was the most beautiful wedding I had ever seen. Our friends and family there with smiles and tears going down there faces. It was all just so exciting. I could see Jarrod at the front of the room, and my heart melted. It was the most beautiful and intimate wedding, that most of our friends and family had been to. Everyone was so impressed with how calm we both were and that we just rolled with the punches. I was just so happy to be marrying my soul mate.

So now we are here 5 years later, 9 years total together with two wonderful kids and we couldn't be happier!!! What can anyone ask for more! I have WONDERFUL LIFE!


Our First Dance




2 comments:

Belinda said...

Awww Amy you make such a beautiful bride!

Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding photos are beautiful!