Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Milestone Monday

My friend Tammy does this on her blog so I thought I would adopt it too. Thanks for the great idea Tammy!




Jude: Turned 4 months old yesterday. I am in amazement how fast he is growing. He LOVES to scream at the top of his lungs. When he came out there should have been a warning tag stuck to him that said "WARNING I SCREAM" He is staying awake a lot longer these days and smiles at everyone who looks at him.



Last Tuesday He was plagued with a massive rash all over his body. We couldn't figure out what from. At first I thought it could be the bug spray I lightly patted on him while we were camping, or the herbal teething tablets. So we went to the doctors and they told me to give him Benadryl. He took it for two days and then it was gone. A few days later we went to seaworld. The heat brought the rash back out. There had to be another reason why he was breaking out. So I started thinking. Last week when I was doing laundry. I accidentally left the lid on the washer open, so the clothes were soaking in the water for a few hours. Then I stuck them in the dryer. At that point I didn't know they turned the gas off in my house so the wet clothes were spinning around and around wet for a good two hours. They finally turned the gas back on I dried the clothes and put them away. All the while I smelled the muggy scent of mold. At that point I should have just re-washed everything. Nope I didn't. So that is what I think has caused him to break out. I re-washed all the clothes that he had left in his drawers. I hope the mystery has been solved. (Jude's rash)



Emelia: Is 2 years & 3 months old. She is a sponge right now. Picking up everything that we say. She says things or words that I didn't even know she knew. Like she told me something was very sharp the other day. I was impressed. I guess it is little things like that, that I love. She is starting to get a little defiant. She has started not wanting to take bath's (which she used to love) and telling people bye. We will be working on time outs very soon. We have also determined that she is very artistic and LOVES drawing like mommy. She will sit for hours coloring her artwork. In her coloring book she will go from page to page coloring one thing. Yesterday she focused on coloring all the ponies eyes. She does really well too. She doesn't quite stay in the lines but she knows she is supposed too. We are working on our grandparents day project. It is turning out beautiful.

We went to seaworld last week with her Grand Daddy, Mimi and Daddy. Emelia just loved to see all the sea life. She really liked the sharks and penguins, because she kept talking about them. We tried the dolphin show and Shamu show. Emelia isn't keen on large crowds and gets really scared. She didn't want to sit through the show and kept saying "Back" she wanted to go back to the stroller. We have to work on that with her. She loved the bay of play. What a great addition to Seaworld that was. It is a fun area for the kids. We rode two of the rides.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Jude is so stinkin' cute! All that hair! Colson still looks bald, his hair is so light! I love your adorable family!

Vigil Family said...

What a cute idea!
Jude is adorable and he looks like you :) Glad you guys had fun at Sea World. Logan loves the Bay of Play.